Getting the right care and treatment for the older adult that encounters problems in the later stages of life is crucial. Caring Hands Senior Services is a specialized care program located within Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center to meet the psychiatric and medical needs of older adults.Read more
The food we put into our bodies is our fuel. It provides us with nutrients—the vitamins, minerals, and other compounds our bodies need to function and thrive. Research shows that good food choices are especially important for children’s growing bodies and minds. Smart choices have both immediate and long-lasting benefits for you and your family. Here are some wise choices to help make healthier food choices:
• Choose foods that are steamed, broiled, baked, roasted, poached, or lightly sautéed or stir-fried.
• Ask for fat-free or low-fat milk instead of cream for coffee or tea.
• Pick food without butter, gravy, or sauces—or ask to have the food without it.
• Choose a low-calorie salad dressing.
• Ask for salad dressing on the side, and use only some of it.
• Pick drinks without added sugar, such as water, fat-free or low-fat milk, unsweetened tea, or diet iced tea, lemonade, or soda.
• Trim visible fat from poultry or meat.
• Don’t eat the skin on cooked chicken or turkey.
• Share your meal, or take half home for later.
• Skip dessert or order fruit. Or share dessert with a friend.
You are being directed to a secure MHHCC page to complete this transaction.
Specific browser versions are needed to process these secure forms. Recommended browsers are Chrome, Firefox, & IE v11 or above.
If your browser does not meet minimum requirements, please call our customer service line at 812-996-0651 for assistance.